The Heritage Center's Covid-19 Policy
To ensure the safety of our guests and staff, we have adopted new policies consistent with federal and state guidance regarding containment of COVID-19. Our entire Safety Plan is available here.
- Pursuant to NYS law, all visitors and staff must wear a face covering over their nose and mouth at all times while inside the Heritage Center.
- Advance purchase of tickets online is highly recommended. You may purchase tickets here.
- Please choose another time to visit if you are feeling unwell or have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Kindly wash or sanitize your hands before visiting and do not touch any of the exhibits. Individual stylus pens will be provided to guests for use with the Heritage Center’s touch screens.
- Please maintain six feet of distance from other visitors. Follow guidance from Heritage Staff members and follow the directional arrows posted on the floor throughout the Heritage Center. Do not move to the next station until the party ahead of you has advanced.
- Pursuant to NYS Phase 4 Reopening Guidelines, capacity inside the Heritage Center is limited to 25 visitors.
- For your safety, certain exhibit elements may be closed.
The Heritage Center is open as of July 18th, 2020.
|Thursday||11am – 5pm|
|Friday||11am – 5pm|
|Saturday||11am – 5pm|
|Sunday||11am – 5pm|
things to know
The Heritage Center brings stories of the Underground Railroad in Niagara Falls to life.
Most visitors take about an hour in our museum. There are many interactive pieces that visitors love to take their time with.
Our Freedom Conversation Tours are will now be held virtually twice a week. On site visits, are self-guided tour. No worries. Our staff is more than willing to answer any questions you may have!
Please adhere to our Covid- 19 policies and maintain a distance of 6ft from other visitors. Your health and saftey is our priority!
A visit to the Heritage Center is a great activity for your Family Reunion, Senior Center, Summer Camp, Alumni Event, or any occasion. Groups can book a guided tour or enjoy the museum at their own pace. We offer discounted group rates, are ADA accessible, and have easy bus parking. Currently we are not accepting any in person Group Tours due to current social distancing restrictions.
Our Freedom Conversation Tours are the Heritage Center’s signature program. The goal of every tour aligns with our mission to; reveal authentic stories of Underground Railroad freedom seekers and abolitionists in Niagara Falls that inspire visitors to recognize modern injustices that stem from slavery and take action toward an equitable society.
When you register for this program, a confirmation email will be sent with sent with login details for Zoom.
Have a group of 10 or more? Why not book a Virtual Group Tour? Our Group Tours are interactive and introspective conveying complex history to our daily lives. Join our Visitor Experience Staff in exploring the intricacies of slavery and the pursuit of personal freedom today. Please email us for more details.
Sign up for our newsletter