The Heritage Center is open as of July 18th, 2020.
|Thursday||11am – 5pm|
|Friday||11am – 5pm|
|Saturday||11am – 5pm|
|Sunday||11am – 5pm|
The Heritage Center's Covid-19 Policy
To ensure the safety of our guests and staff, we have adopted new policies consistent with federal and state guidance regarding containment of COVID-19. Our entire Safety Plan is available here.
- Pursuant to NYS law, all visitors and staff must wear a face covering over their nose and mouth at all times while inside the Heritage Center.
- Advance purchase of tickets online is highly recommended. You may purchase tickets here.
- Please choose another time to visit if you are feeling unwell or have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Kindly wash or sanitize your hands before visiting and do not touch any of the exhibits. Individual stylus pens will be provided to guests for use with the Heritage Center’s touch screens.
- Please maintain six feet of distance from other visitors. Follow guidance from Heritage Staff members and follow the directional arrows posted on the floor throughout the Heritage Center. Do not move to the next station until the party ahead of you has advanced.
- Pursuant to NYS Phase 4 Reopening Guidelines, capacity inside the Heritage Center is limited to 25 visitors.
- For your safety, certain exhibit elements may be closed.
things to know
The Heritage Center brings stories of the Underground Railroad in Niagara Falls to life.
Most visitors take about an hour in our museum. There are many interactive pieces that visitors love to take their time with.
Our Freedom Conversation Tours are currently suspended but, a self-guided tour is great too. Our staff is more than willing to answer any questions you may have!
Please adhere to our Covid- 19 policies and maintain a distance of 6ft from other visitors. Your health and saftey is our priotiy!
A visit to the Heritage Center is a great activity for your Family Reunion, Senior Center, Summer Camp, Alumni Event, or any occasion. Groups can book a guided tour or enjoy the museum at their own pace. We offer discounted group rates, are ADA accessible, and have easy bus parking. Currently we are not accepting any in person Group Tours due to current social distancing restrictions.
We will be offering a new virtual tour platform while we are unable to accommodate in person group tours. Bookings for these tours will be available mid- September 2020. Please email for more details.
- Group reservations must be made at least 2 weeks in advance.
- We accept reservations for group tours of 10 – 60 people. Groups of this size should plan to spend 75 – 90 minutes onsite.
- Groups of 15+ people will break into smaller groups of up to 15 people each and stagger entry by 15 minutes.
- We require a 50% deposit at the time of booking. The deposit may be paid via credit card by calling Group Tours at 716-300-8477. Please make out checks to: Niagara Falls Underground Railroad Heritage Commission, Inc. Mail to 825 Depot Ave. W., Niagara Falls, NY 14305.
Reservations will be confirmed when payment is received. For information on group rates, please contact us.
Sign up for our newsletter